Tuesday, June 7, 2011

That Really Hurts

As mentioned previously - there has been some tension with my one sister since Andrew was born.  Her irrational response to his name and her hurtful emails may have irrevocably scarred our relationship.  That's a tough pill to swallow because we have always been very close.

I thought maybe we had turned a corner a few weeks ago when I got a (somewhat) apology from her regarding her actions, but now I really don't think so.

Not once since then has she asked how he is doing.  And when I look on facebook she is always commenting on and 'liking' pictures of our nieces, but she has never made a single comment on any of the pictures of Andrew that I have posted.  It's like she is trying to ignore his very existence.  Like if she doesn't acknowledge him he will go away.

That makes me sad.

And how could someone want to ignore this sweet baby?

2 comments:

  1. Wow, yea that seems pretty extreme. Hopefully she gets over herself. Sorry again you have to deal with that. Family drama is never fun :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I just saw on FB that she is up in Myrtle Beach spending more time with my nieces. In his 10.5 weeks of life she has only seen Andrew twice :(

    ReplyDelete