Monday, September 19, 2011

I almost forgot what that was like

Being a complete zombie I mean.

Saturday night Andrew decided that he missed the days of the all night all-you-can-eat buffet that is mommy.  I put him to bed a little after 9:00 and he was up (and yelling) at 12:30.  He had a pretty wet diaper so I got him changed and let him nurse. He was back in the crib around 1:00 and I hopped back in bed.  3:30 he was yelling again.  Another diaper change and some more nursing and he was back in the crib at 4:00.  I trudged back upstairs and got in bed.  A little after 7:00 and he was at it again.  I rolled over, grabbed the monitor and grumbled "Are you kidding me? What is wrong with him today?"

I got him, changed him, and we went in the back room so I could at least recline while he feasted. I knew there was no way he was going back to sleep since it was awake time and I wanted to be comfortable at the very least.

J came downstairs after about 20 minutes because he had told me that he would hang out with him after I fed him if I wanted to go back to sleep.  I knew I wouldn't be able to go back to bed (I am a really crappy sleeper) so instead we had some family time hanging out with the munchkin.



Needless to say, I felt like crap all day yesterday.  Burning eyes, low grade headache, and sick to my stomach from lack of sleep.  I had almost forgotten the fact that this is how I felt for the first 10 to 12 weeks of his life.

I also didn't get a lot of sleep Friday night because J had a 70 mile bike ride on Saturday morning and his f'ing alarm went off at 5:15 AM and I never fell back to sleep. I hate that damned hobby and need to start sleeping downstairs on Friday nights.

Anyway, I didn't really get to enjoy my last weekend day with my little cutie because I felt so miserable. And I was terrified that he would pull the same thing last night.  Luckily for me he decided to let mommy get some uninterrupted sleep and he didn't make a peep after I put him down at 9:00 until 6:30 this morning.

Thank you, munchkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment