Tuesday, December 20, 2011

No wonder I'm not in the mood

For Christmas, that is.

I just looked at the weather app on my phone. It is currently 71 degrees and sunny out. Yeah, not exactly feeling like Christmas out there. Don't get me wrong - I love not having to bundle up, heat up the car in the mornings, and deal with the general unpleasantness that is winter weather.  It does make it a little more difficult to get into the holiday spirit, though.

I grew up in southwestern PA. We normally had snow on the ground starting around Thanksgiving and it would snow all the way to April some years.  I can't really say that I miss that (at all!), but sometimes I do miss having a white Christmas.

Unless we decide to pack it in and move up north (sooooo not gonna happen!) Andrew will only be accustomed to the balmy Christmases that we experience here in Charleston.  My sister (the one at the center of the baby name drama) moved back to Pittsburgh in October, so theoretically we could visit her and experience some winter weather.  But since I'm still not feeling too warm and fuzzy about her and the thought of a 10 hour car ride with the munchkin makes me break out in hives, I don't see that happening this year.

Instead I think we'll enjoy not having to dress in multiple layers and scrape our windshields while we cook our Christmas dinner outside on the grill.

Andrew (and his fabulous hair) are in the grinchy holiday spirit


At least his ornament made it here in time for Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment