Friday, May 24, 2013

26 Weeks


I'm too tired to come up with anything fun to talk about today.  Between my cramping bowels, munchkin's midnight screaming and 2.0's nightly acrobatics I didn't get much sleep.  So instead of being witty I'm just trying to make it through the day and thanking god that it's Friday.  So, is it 4:00 yet???

How far along? 26w0d and the size of a head of lettuce (or a large zucchini according to my phone app).  He's ~13.6 inches and just under 2 lbs.  He's practicing breathing by inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid.  He also has eyelashes.

Weight loss/gain:  My alarm didn't go off and I was in a rush this morning so I didn't bother weighing myself. I knew I would hate what I saw on the scale anyway, so why ruin the beginning of a 3 days weekend.

Maternity clothes: 50/50 still.  I'm pretty much giving up on all non-maternity pants/shorts that have zippers, though.

Symptoms:  Surprise surprise - my bowels are still on strike.  I did take a dulcolax the other night and OMG the cramps were about as bad as the beginnings of labor with Andrew.  It worked, so I guess it was worth it, but damn I was miserable for a while there.

Sex (of baby):  It's a BOY!!!

Name: Still zero progress.  I guess we should start talking about it, huh?

Sleep: Not too bad, except for Tuesday night with the aforementioned cramps from hell. I've also been sleeping downstairs most of this week because J has an awful cough and it was keeping me up and pissing me off.

Best moment this week? This week has been blah.

Movement: Lots. He's clearly getting strong enough to bust through my anterior placenta.  He seems to be particularly active in the evenings and I really wish he would remove whatever appendage is shoved up under my ribs on the right side.  He seems to be following his big brother's lead - that is exactly where Andrew loved to torture me, too.

Food cravings:  I ate an entire container of wasabi peas this week.

Belly button in or out?  In

What I miss?  Feeling like I look good in my clothes.

What I'm looking forward to?  Three day weekend!  Woo hoo!!

Milestones:  Almost to 3rd tri. Yikes!

What I'm nervous about:  That J will want to go to the beach this weekend.  I cried last weekend when I had to put on a bathing suit for the pool and the thought of being in public in one is giving me major anxiety.  At least at Jay's pool it was just us.

Here I am in all my glory this morning. I won't even admit to how many outfit changes I had this morning - and this was the best I could do:


And just for shits and giggles here I was back at 12 weeks.  My ass has definitely expanded right along with my belly.  Bummer.




2 comments:

  1. You still look marvelous!! And the weight will come off quickly after 2.0 arrives so don't stress it too much right now (at least that's what I keep telling myself =) )I do feel you on the whole bathing suit thing though. I have to get into one next week for an out of town trip & I am really dreading it. Hang in there, momma!

    ReplyDelete