Wednesday, May 29, 2013

My Little Dancer

One thing that we have noticed over the last few months is that Andrew loves music. Loves it.  He could be playing with toys and not paying one bit of attention to what's on the tv, but as soon as a song or musical number comes on he stops what he's doing and starts bopping along to the music.

We have speakers outside on our deck and sometimes when we're hanging out in the evening we'll have the stereo on.  He gets this goofy grin on his face and starts bobbing his head and doing his funny little dance.  The kid has absolutely no rhythm, but he loves to dance.

Yesterday I walked up to the farmer's market to pick him up (our daycare walks them there on Tuesday's and that is where the parents pick the kids up).  More often than not they are sitting by the tent where there is live music being played.  It's normally a duo or just a single person playing the guitar and singing.  The kids love it.  This is what I found when I walked up yesterday:



Andrew was having a blast dancing around while I stood back and watched.  I couldn't help but smile at my little guy as I witnessed the unbridled joy on his face.

I hope he is always able to find this much joy in the little things.  I hope he's always so carefree and able to let loose when the mood hits.  It's a tough world out there - it's important to find happiness in the little things when you can.

It reminds me of the following quote:

"You've got to dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth."
- William W. Purkey

I love my little dancer and hope he's always able to dance like there's nobody watching.


1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete