Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mother's Day (a little late)

This past weekend was my third Mother's Day as mommy to the sweetest little kid I could have ever asked for.

I woke up to the cute little bouquet that Andrew and his daddy picked for me and the handmade card that they made, sitting on the dining room table.  I forgot to take a picture though so you can't see it.

We got the little guy up and got ready for our trek up to Myrtle Beach. (I hate that drive).  We set forth and Andrew busied himself reading about Pookie:


We made it to my parents house right around lunchtime and hung out for a little while before we headed out to get something to eat:

It's impossible to get a picture with all three kids looking.

We just went to a little mexican restaurant for lunch.  Andrew only ate about half of his quesadilla, but that's probably because he filled up on chips and cheese dip.  After lunch we wanted to take the kids to the park so they could burn off some energy.  Plus I wanted to walk around a little so I wouldn't feel so full.


Afterward my sister and the girls went home so Kendall could nap and we headed back to my parent's house for a little bit.  Andrew ran around for about an hour and then I could tell that we were starting to lose him.  Before we left I attempted to get a picture of Andrew and I with my mom.  Yeah - that didn't work:


I seriously could not stop laughing.  We were trying to just get a nice picture, but as soon as I picked him up he started saying "I get down!".  Then came the flailing.  Hilarious.

We decided to head home to wrap up Mother's Day.  Andrew napped the whole way and woke up when we were 5 mins from home.  Just in time for dinner and the tub.

All in all it was a very  nice Mother's Day. I spent the day with my favorite people and got some delicious chocolate covered strawberries as a bonus.  Yay mom's!

I hope all of you moms out there also had a fantastic Mother's Day filled with love and laughter.


1 comment:

  1. Doesn't it feel strange to think, THIRD mother's day? Its crazy in an awesome kind of way :-)

    ReplyDelete