Tuesday, May 28, 2013

My Guys

It's funny to think that 2+ years ago when I first became pregnant with Andrew that I was hoping he was a girl.  That I thought I would be happier with a little girl seems crazy to me now.

What in the world made me think that I should be a girl mom?  I am so not a girly girl.  Honestly, I don't know what I would do with a girl.  Sure, there are a lot more cute clothes for girls, but really - all the headbands and tutus and little frilly things just aren't me.

When people found out we're having another baby of course they would all ask "Are you hoping for a girl this time?".  I said that J was hoping for a girl, but that I would kind of like another boy.  I don't know, I just feel like I "get" boys better.  I do feel a little bad that J isn't getting his little girl and it makes me a little sad that he feels like he isn't getting the connection that he sees with me and Andrew.  But then I watch my two favorite guys together and I realize that they have an amazing connection themselves:




Andrew LOVES his daddy.  If we get home first, as soon as Andrew hears J come in the door from work he goes running full speed towards the front door shouting "Daddy!".  And most mornings after J has left for work (I do 95% of the daycare drop-offs) Andrew will say "Find daddy!".  And lately on nights when I am the one doing the rocking before bedtime, J will come in to give Andrew kisses goodnight.  Andrew will say "Daddy kisses!" over and over again, making sure that J gives him just one more kiss.  He throws his little arm around J's neck and smooshes his little face into the side of J's face to give him kisses.

I love watching the two of them together.  I can't help but smile when I catch the two of them sitting together, having a snack or reading a book.  Andrew is still his mini-me, at least in my opinion.  People say he's starting to look more like me, but I still see him as all daddy.

This weekend we had a great weekend at the pool, at the beach, taking bike rides, and just playing around the house.  There were several times where I just sat back and observed them - watching my two favorite guys in the whole world.  I know some people might think I'm missing out by not having a girl and some people (my mom included) are surprised that I am not a little sad about it.  Truth be told, I'm not sad.  I'm thrilled to be adding another little guy to my group of favorite guys.  I feel beyond blessed to have such amazing males in my family, and the blessings just keep coming.

So yeah - I love my guys. :)

3 comments:

  1. it's strange because I was SO convinced that eliot was going to be a little brother for Liam - I'll admit I wasn't really disappointed that she was a girl, but I was a little sad that Liam wasn't getting a little brother so close in age. There are always pros and cons to either and, as parents, we're always thrilled no matter what - boy or girl really doesn't matter.

    From our experience, the bond between Andrew and your husband will probably multiply by about a billion as soon as that new babe gets here. You'll suddenly be completely consumed by feedings and baby stuff that they'll be off doing daddy and son stuff (and having a ball!) but just mentally prepare yourself for your bond to change with Andrew. I never though that possible because Liam and I were so connected, so the shift really took me by surprise.

    the water gun pic cracks me up - what cuties :) You'll be an amazing mama to your two little guys :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, now that has me worried. Andrew is my little guy and it scares me to think that that's going to change. I guess I can add that to my list of daily freak outs.

      Delete
    2. oh no :( didn't meant to freak you out - Just something to prepare for, I guess. Sorry to add stress!

      Delete