Friday, March 23, 2012

The Weather Channel is Driving Me Insane

Just my opinion, but 10 day forecasts are the devil.

Next Saturday (March 31st) we are having Andrew's birthday party.  We're doing a casual cookout and I'm hoping to have the majority of it outside.  That way he can make a huge mess with his cake and we can just hose it down afterward (the high chair, not the baby) and we can have everyone mingling outside instead of crammed into our living room.

Also, J and I are running the bridge run 10K that morning (yes, I am insane for planning his birthday party for 1:00 on a day where I am running a race at 8:00 AM).  So, bottom line, I would really like some nice weather.

As of yesterday morning the forecast for next Saturday was 71 degrees with a 10% chance of rain.  By yesterday afternoon it was 77 degrees with a 60% chance of rain.  Now it's 75 degrees and back down to a  10% chance of rain.

I know I shouldn't worry too much about it until it's closer to the actual day, but I can't help looking at it... and obsessing.

So I guess I'll try not to keep checking it every couple hours from now until next week and just keep my fingers crossed that they keep it at the mid 70's with little chance of rain.  I wouldn't want his cute dinosaur cake to get soggy  ;)


5 comments:

  1. I haven't stalked the 10 day forecast this much since my wedding showed up in it. {Our party is the same day and I've been stalking just as much, currently we are showing a 50% chance of rain, M-F though sunny and 70}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I was this obsessive for our wedding, too, since our ceremony was outside. Keeping my fingers crossed that we both have beautiful weather for their parties.

      Delete
  2. I have been stalking for our trip! Hoping we can swing our meet up! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok I can't even believe he's going to be 1 in a few days.

    Being married to a weatherman, I'm not even allowed to look at a weekend forecast until Thursday. Don't waste your time worrying until then :) I'm sure it will be beautiful! Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete