Monday, March 14, 2011

Baby Shower

We had our baby shower on Saturday evening. After all the drama about it earlier and me getting all upset with not being included it turns out I was all worked up over nothing.  My sister and friends did a fantastic job and it was perfect.

We ended up having a co-ed shower with about 25 people. Perfect. Not a huge crowd, very laid back, and exactly what I wanted. It was at my old roommate's house, there was beer and wine for the others, some great appetizers, pasta and salad for dinner, and a fantastic cake.  My niece, Kayleigh, who is 3 years old helped me unwrap the presents and had a blast doing it.

My sister has all the pictures on her camera and she is taking her good ol' sweet time posting them, so I don't have much to show here from the party.  I do have these, though:

The diaper cake that my work friend made. So cute - and it smells like baby  :)


One of the games. Guess when he will arrive and the winner gets a $50 giftcard to Applebee's.  Any dates that weren't filled in we get. So I guess if I want a free dinner I have to hope for an early arrival.


Guess the baby's weight.  My old roommate, Joe, picked the >10 lb guess.  If that's the case he better use that $50 Outback giftcard to take me out to dinner - I'll deserve it!


Stack of gifts back at our house.  The big box on the bottom right is our glider.  I still can't believe my sister bought that for us. I only put it on the registry to use the completion discount.  I am beyond grateful for her generosity.  There is also our pack n play, highchair, travel swing, a carton of diapers, and a carton of wipes in the picture.


More baby loot stacked in our office.  Some of this was stuff we'd already gotten, but all the bags are full of stuff.  I was overwhelmed by the generosity of our families and friends.


All his clothes that I got out and arranged by sizes.   

So far we have:
19 3-6 month onesies
20 6-9 month onesies
4 newborn size onesies
7 3-6 month sleepers
9 6 month size pants
8 3 month size pants
13 bibs

I think I need to pick up some 0-3 month onesies, but we are well on our way with the clothes.

There are some necessities that we're still going to have to go get, but we did get a lot of great gifts.

All in all it was a great celebration of Baby W - he is already so loved by everyone and it makes me so happy  :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad your shower went so well :) Looks like you got a bunch of great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holy cow! major loot! :) Happy Monday hon!

    ReplyDelete