Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"So you can milk both at once?"

Yep - that's what my husband said about my breast pump that arrived in the mail yesterday.  I got this one:


The Ameda Purely Yours with carry all.  I did research, read reviews, shopped around, and I figure this one will serve it's purpose very well.

Of course now, based on his comment, I am picturing myself hooked up to this thing like a dairy cow.  Great visual.

I also bought this for our little guy:


The 'My First Snoopy' cuddle puppet.  I figure he'll need something to snuggle with and for $9 I couldn't pass it up.  I realize it will be covered in drool and baby spit in the blink of an eye and won't be nearly as cute as it is now, but I still love it.

Last night a friend came over to help J move all the dressers and stuff out of the nursery. He set up my queen sized bed in there for his parents for this weekend and they will have to help him take it down before they leave on Sunday because I believe our carpeting is being installed on Monday (finally!!!).

I had a mini freak-out last night about all the stuff that needs done still.  J is way more calm about things. Probably because he isn't the one lugging a bowling ball around in his gut all day as a constant reminder.  So as much as I want him to be here (both so I can hold him in my arms and so I can go back to feeling more like me) I need him to stay in until his due date.  32 more days...

And just because they make me smile, here is a picture of some of the daffodils in our flower bed. 


Spring is my favorite season so I love seeing these come up every year.  It's the little things that make me happy  :)

4 comments:

  1. I love my Ameda! great pick! You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Ameda too! I'm a little scared of hooking myself up to it.

    So exciting you already have daffodils! Ours are only a couple inches out of the ground. Come on spring!

    Good luck getting everything finished up! You have time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very intimidated to hook myself up to the pump. Should be interesting! And I LOVE that our daffodils are up already. They look like little smiling faces to me and always cheer me up.

    Mrs. Monica - yours was one of the reviews that I had in mind when I decided on the Ameda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL @ feel like a cow...I definitely feel that way sometimes.

    ReplyDelete