Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Because I'm cranky and irritable today

I tend to peruse several message boards during the day, especially when things are slow at work. Plus right now I have the attention span of a toddler after a 12 pack of Mt Dew, so I do lots of looking around.

Over and over again I see some of the worst grammar/spelling/word usage.  Now I know that I sometimes have typos and I am nowhere near perfect, but some of these just drive me crazy.

1.  Loose vs. Lose.  Why is this SO hard to get this right?  Loose = not tight, lose = not win.

2.  Wonder vs. Wander.  I can't tell you the number of times I see people say "I was wandering about something".  I then picture them wandering around aimlessly, lost in the desert.

3.  Supposed to/used to.  So many times I see someone say that are suppose to do something or use to do something. 

4.  Past vs. Passed.  If you did something previously you did it in the past, not in the passed.

5.  Whether vs. Weather.  It's 'I don't know whether I should go or not' - not weather.  Weather is what's going on outside.

Those are just some of the things that annoy on a regular basis.  Again, this is just me being cranky today because I feel bloated and I'm tired. That, and stupid people irritate me...

1 comment: