Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Busy Day

Yesterday J and I were both off of work for President's Day. Actually - I was off work and he decided to use a vacation day.

Anyway, we got a lot done on our day off.  First we went and picked up the bookcases that we ordered. One for the nursery and one for the office. Both of them will need to be stained, but we haven't started on that yet.

Then we spent an hour sanding the ceiling and the patched areas of the walls in the guestroom and removed the old carpet:


Then I showered and got ready to head to the spa to enjoy my 60 min prenatal massage that J got for me for Valentine's Day. It was heaven!  Especially getting to lay on my stomach for 40 minutes.



It's kind of dark, but this was my massage room

On the way home I stopped at the store for some groceries and had the displeasure of standing in line behind a man who had apparently not discovered the wonders of deodorant.  After trying not to gag and paying for my groceries I headed home to help J with the crown molding:



We were finished (well 5/6 of the way finished - there's one more piece to put up) in time to enjoy a lovely sunset and have a delicious dinner of pork tenderloin that had been marinating in our homemade marinade all day.



Hopefully during this week we can get that last piece of crown put up and he can caulk all the cracks so we can prime the ceiling and walls this weekend. Once things are painted we can get the carpet installed in that room and the nursery and I can FINALLY set up the crib.  I need to keep my fingers crossed that we get motivated this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment