Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thankful Thursday


Today I am thankful that I work for a company that is understanding and flexible and has allowed me to work at home this week.  Andrew will start daycare on Monday and I have loved getting to spend this last week with him all to my self.

I am also thankful that my baby, who was boycotting naps yesterday and was a cranky mess from 4:00 until about 6:30, has decided to sleep through the night and make up for it.  He is almost always a great night sleeper, so this is nothing new, but he had a rough night Tuesday night which made for a rough day yesterday for both of us.  He appears to be back to his normal night schedule so I'm hoping for a happier day for him (and me!).

Last, but definitely not least, I am thankful every single day that I have a happy and healthy baby.  I haven't mentioned it on here, but a friend of my mom's from work had her baby girl on April 29th.  They knew beforehand that she would be born with a cleft lip and palate, so they knew they had a long road ahead.  What they didn't anticipate was her being diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukemia (M5) on June 24th.  She has undergone the first round of chemo and is responding well. And last week they found out that their 5 year old son is a match for a bone marrow transplant. I'm not a religious person, but I pray for sweet baby Ellison every night, right before I thank God for blessing me with Andrew.

Looks like I have a lot to be thankful for today  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment