Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween!


On Saturday I finally carved our pumpkins.  J wasn't much help, with him having one arm and all. He did help me clean the seeds out of one of the pumpkins, but that was about it.  I set to work carving them while watching some college football. I don't know why, but I always enjoy seeing Clemson lose - especially to sucky teams. Must have something to do with their obnoxious fans.

Anyway, pumpkins got carved and I bought some extra candy on Sunday in case we got an influx of trick-or-treaters this year. Shouldn't have wasted my money. We had two kids come by. That's right - two.  Great - now there is a plethora of leftover Halloween candy and me with no willpower. Fantastic.

This week's check in:

How far along? 17w1d - baby is the size of an onion.  And now has fingerprints.  Kind of creepy.

Weight gain/loss: 7.5  lbs according to my scale yesterday. Scared to see what it jumps to after I devour way too much Halloween candy. Really hoping J gets to it before me.

Maternity Clothes: Still not wearing any, but I did get a new pair of pants from Old Navy that I am looking forward to wearing. They were pretty comfy when I tried them on.

Symptoms: Cement bowel is coming and going.  Also feeling some round ligament pain and get a little crampy if I work out and don't drink enough water.

Gender: I'm still leaning towards 'boy' at the moment.  29 days til we know.

Sleep? Sleeping pretty well for the most part.  Have to pee a lot, though. 

Best moment this week? Finally letting the cat out of the bag both on FB and at work.  Phew - no more hiding.

Movement: Still feeling nothing.  I know it's still early, but I want it to happen soon.

Food cravings/aversions: No aversions and I don't consider my eating of a ton of Halloween candy a craving. It's more of a no willpower thing.

Belly button in or out? In and feeling pretty normal.

What I miss? Beer with football still.  And regular bowel movements.

What I am looking forward to? Feeling baby move and finding out what's in there.

Milestones: Hitting 17 weeks and finally telling the world.

What I'm nervous about: As always, nervous that something could go wrong. This past weeks mountain bike ride and all the shaking and jostling had me a little worried.

Here is a pic from this morning of my 17w1d 'bump'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment