Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Aced that test :)

This morning at 10:50 I had my glucose test to check me for gestational diabetes.  I wasn't allowed to eat in the two hours before so I got up at 7:30, had a light breakfast, and headed to the gym. I am determined to combat my recent cookie binges with some gym time.

As I was getting ready for my appt I took a minute to drink the fruit punch sugar drink the doctor's office gave me. I was expecting it to be much worse - it actually wasn't bad at all. Kinda tasted like gatorade.

I got to my appt and she did the finger stick to run my blood.  The nurse came back and said I passed with flying colors.  Hooray!  So glad I don't have to do the 3 hour test.

My BP was 100/68, I hadn't gained a pound since my last appt (totally shocked considering it's right after Christmas) and my fundal measurement was 26, which she said is slightly large, but she wasn't concerned. Oh, and the little guy's heartbeat was nice and strong right in the 150's. I love hearing that sound!

Next appt is on January 18th (in 3 weeks) and then we switch to every two weeks. Yikes!  That means we're getting close!

Anyway, all in all it was a good appointment and afterward I did a little shopping (still can't find any maternity jeans) and even went and got my flu shot so my sister can stop harassing me about it.

And here is this week's check in:

How far along? 25w2d - and I forgot to ask my doctor for an estimate of how big he is. Probably around 20 oz.

Weight gain/loss: +17 as of this morning. I am amazed it's not higher after all the cookies and other goodies I have been eating!

Maternity Clothes: Still haven't been able to find any maternity jeans so I am making do with what I have. I've worn a couple maternity shirts and some work pants, but that's about it.

Symptoms:  Cement bowel (as always) and an achy  back by the end of the day. It's worse on days I work out - clearly the giant boobs are causing that.

Gender:  It's a boy!!!

Sleep? Sleeping pretty well - I get up once or twice a night to go to the bathroom.

Best moment this week? Seeing my family for Christmas and getting some cute little gifts for our little guy.

Movement: Oh yeah, especially in the evenings. J felt one kick this past weekend. I need to get him to just sit here and be patient at night and he will feel a heckuva lot more!

Food cravings/aversions: None - just ate too many cookies.

Belly button in or out? Still pretty far in. It makes a bit of a crater in my shirts which looks odd.

What I miss? Regularity and feeling cute.  I just feel bulky all the time.

What I am looking forward to? Making any sort of progress on the nursery. Still hasn't happened and we will be out of town again this weekend.

Milestones: Hitting 25 weeks.

What I'm nervous about: At the moment I am nervous about just how big my boobs are going to get. I feel like they are already huge and I know it's gonna get worse. Eeek!

And this week's bump pic - taken before the gym yesterday so please excuse the outfit:

No comments:

Post a Comment