Thursday, December 9, 2010

I should've listened to the warnings

All the people that have been warning me to do my kegels were right. I should have been doing them.  I try, but I forget - I mean, it's not always the first thing on my mind.

Lesson learned.

Last night as I was lounging on the couch resting on my heating pad for my aching ribs I felt a sneeze coming on.  I was more concerned with how much it was going to hurt the pulled muscle than anything else.  Turns out I should have been clenching.  One big sneeze and poof - I pretty much wet my pants.  Excellent.  Pregnancy has regressed me back to being a 3 year old.

So far I have been fine other times.  When I run it feels like this little guy is doing a jig on my bladder, but I haven't had any accidents or anything.  With all my violent coughing fits with this damn cold I'm surprised I haven't needed some Depends, but I've come through all right.  Sneezing, on the other hand, appears to be a force of it's own.

With that in mind I will be doing some exercises at my desk today.  At least my office mate is out so she won't notice if I am making weird faces while I clench. 

Isn't pregnancy fun???

No comments:

Post a Comment