Thursday, January 13, 2011

"Haven't you ever seen a pregnant woman before?"

This is what I wanted to yell at a guy at the gym last night.  It's this older guy (I would guess late 60's) and I always see him kind of looking at me.  Last night he was on the stationary bike right next to me and he kept looking over at me.  And not just little glances out of the corner of his eye. He would pretty much turn his whole head and look at me.

Now I know that I look obviously pregnant and maybe to some people it's weird that I am still working out at the gym.  But it's not like I was running all out on the treadmill or over there pumping iron. I was on a stationary bike for crying out loud.

At the time I was feeling particularly bulky and kind of uncomfortable and with my whacked out hormones I was close to just snapping at the guy - "Why don't you just take a picture?!?"

I know it will only get worse as my belly expands even more so I should just get used to it.  Hopefully I make it through the next 12 weeks without going off on someone and getting myself kicked out of the gym!

On a funnier note, last night I set the tv remote on my belly to see if I could get a reaction out of the little guy. Sure enough he started trying to kick it off my belly. He definitely doesn't like anything intruding on his little home in there.  I was laughing as I watched it and fell even more in love with him than I was before.

No comments:

Post a Comment